Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two New Rescues--Benji and Cosmo

After trying very hard to make all this happen, the good news is--it did! We just saved two new little dogs, Benji and Cosmo.

Sweet little Benji is now at my vet after being transported from L.A. He really is very cute! He just kept looking at me with these big eyes and then sat at my feet so I could scratch his head. I do need to remember to bring my camera with me next time--I forgot, so I didn't get any photos of him yet!

But here is Benji in his pound photo--he's the little pom mix in the little photo. (The other photo is Cosmo's pound photo.)

Poor Benji--according to the paperwork, this was his second time at the shelter in four years and both times he came in matted and sick. URI's both times, heavy tartar on his teeth and fly strikes on his ears. Obviously, he wasn't well-cared for--and probably just thrown out into a backyard!

He seems to be over the URI, so we're doing pre-op blood work on him (since he's 14 years old) and getting that much-needed dental.

He has fleas so he'll be getting a bath, which should make him feel better too! He also has a small growth by his eye but he's had that for years apparently.

His exit eval said that there was a small mass (possible cyst) by his rear end, but my vet didn't find anything. We'll be double-checking that after he gets cleaned up.

So for now, he's staying for a couple of days at my vet.

As for Cosmo, he is getting neutered on Friday and transported to me by someone who responded to my pleas on Saturday!

YEAH!

No comments: